If the decision to become a volunteer abroad is taken consciously and deliberately, then you can proceed to the implementation of the first step. There are several projects that allow you to get a volunteer visa to Israel. Consider them.
The variant 1 (Europe and Russia) – EVS.
EVS (European Volunteering Service) is an action of the EU program in the field of international youth mobility. The action is called Erasmus +. The motto of Erasmus +: “I study while working.”
So, let’s step through the procedure of turning an ordinary person into a foreign volunteer.
The requirements to the candidate of EVS-project.
- the age 17-30 years (gender does not matter);
- the knowledge of English (or the language of the country of arrival);
- the motivation to work 30-38 hours a week.
The conditions of participation in the EVS-project.
The participation in the project on time is from 2 to 12 months. Use the opportunity to participate in the project only once. An exception! If you participated in a short-term project (for example, 2 months), then you can apply for the second time in such a way that the total duration of stay in the project does not exceed 12 months (in this case, a project lasting no more than 10 months).
Step 1. The choice of the sending organization.
Successful implementation of the EVS project requires the active cooperation of three parties: the sending and receiving organizations and the volunteer. The sending organization necessarily has its representative offices in social networks, where the most current offers are published. (https://vk.com/interrasibir is an example of sending organization in Russia).
Step 2. The choice the subject of the volunteer project.
The projects of this volunteer direction is a social sphere, that is why such projects can be made, for example:
- the work with children;
- the work with people with disabilities;
- the caring for the elderly;
- the work with animals;
- the ecological direction;
- the legal direction (legal protection of human rights and freedoms);
- the advocacy of combating racism
and other projects.
The projects search bases: www.europa.eu (official job search site), www.youthnetworks.eu (the site of urgent vacancies).
Step 3. The documents for filing an application
For the host organization:
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Resume (www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu, a site that really helps to write a good resume.) It is very important to try to write a good and honest resume.
- The motivation letter (a letter whose task is to convince the reader of the correctness of the choice of your candidacy from a dozen others).
- The cover letter (it is not necessary to send documents in an empty letter is a gross mistake, it is necessary to write at least a small greeting).
- The application form (the organization often offers a sample itself).
Be prepared for a Skype interview. Be patient, sometimes it takes up to six months to find a suitable project. Do not despair! In 80% of cases, the response of the host organization is positive.
Step 4. You were answered positively. Your actions:
- To notify the organization that sends you.
- To send the coordinator your CV and Motivation letter.
- To notify the host organization of its consent to participate in the project.
- The organizations in Russia and Israel apply for financial support. Your action is to wait!
- The decision on your project is made no later than three months after the deadline (the date below) (remember the statistics – 80% of applications are positive!).
- The project is approved, it’s time to conclude a tripartite agreement: the sending party, the host party, and you.
- To solve the transport and visa issue and collect the suitcases.
EVS has three deadlines per year. This is: February 15, April 26, October in 2018.
And at last about financing.
- 100% are reimbursed for transportation costs of the volunteer “from threshold to threshold”.
- 100% refunds of monetary expenses for a visa.
- The volunteer receives the amount for personal needs (90-100 euros).
- The provision of rented accommodation or accommodation with the host family.
- The provision of medical insurance company Cigna.
- The registration fee for participation in EVS is not charged.
The variant 2. The voluntary visa abroad to Israel (B4) – as required by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Russia, Europe, USA)
To work as a volunteer in Israel and not violate the law you need to have a volunteer visa.
The basic nuances.
- Together with the volunteer visa, the volunteer is given a list consisting of organizations that have permission from the authorities to invite foreign volunteers.
- The request of the organization that wishes to accept volunteers to work for itself from other countries is served before the volunteer enters the country.
- The volunteer can enter the country only after approving a visa request.
- By agreement with the authorities, there is a possibility of exchanging a tourist visa for volunteer work.
- The B / 4 visa can be issued for up to six months.
- At the end of the validity period for a volunteer visa, the country becomes closed to volunteer work for a year.
- The volunteer family who has received a volunteer visa for foreigners has the opportunity to obtain a tourist visa for the same period.
- The responsibility for the volunteer is borne by the host organization.
- A citizen of another country who is on the territory of Israel and does not have a valid visa or who has not fulfilled the conditions of the visa risks to receive a ban on visiting the country for up to ten years.
- The application form for obtaining an entry visa to Israel 1 / אש. It specifies the purpose of the volunteer work, the place of work and the visit to the country in the past, if any.
- When the visa B / 4 is renewed, the application form 3 is filled in, with an explanatory letter.
- The international passport.
- The written commitment to the host organization on liability.
- The medicine certificate of good health volunteer.
- The certificate of absence of previous convictions (original).
The variant 3. The volunteer military program “To serve to Israel” (Russia, Europe, USA).
In 1983, the Israeli national volunteer project “To serve to Israel” was created. Since then, the volunteers from more than thirty (!) Countries of the world come to Israel to participate in this project.
How to participate in?
The requirements for the candidate: age from 17 to 30 years (gender does not matter), the confident physical shape, the strong moral health, the desire to help the Army of Israel’s defence .
The first step: to write to the coordinator of this program. It is desirable to communicate with the coordinator in one language to avoid misunderstandings.
The second step: the filling in an application for participation, a questionnaire, a questionnaire or something like that.
The third step: the filling of a medical document, the registration of insurance in an insurance company.
The fourth step: the set of documents collected above, together with a photocopy of the passport, must be sent to the coordinator.
The fifth step: after receiving a positive response (!), you need to make a contribution of $ 55.
The sixth step: after the coordinator reports the start date of the project, you can safely acquire space on the plane and collect suitcases.
The features of the project
The official site of the project « To serve to Israel» www.sar-el.org
The lasting is mainly for 3 weeks.
The working days are Sunday –Thursday. The holidays are Friday – Saturday
The project does not assume responsibility for you.
The volunteering in the Army of Israel’s Defence is a rare chance to make a truly necessary and important business in life. The same conditions, the same form, joint work – this changes attitudes towards life, its values and priorities. Russian, Jewish, African-Americans, Hindus, French, Americans, Spaniards, Bolivians come to volunteer. The unification force in this case is the desire to render all possible assistance and support to soldiers defending the Holy Land.
The variant 4. The program of rural volunteering Kibbutz Volunteer Program (USA, Europe, Russia)
What is Kibbutz?
Since the Soviet times, in many people, not only in Russia and the CIS countries, but the whole world, the idea of coexistence coexists, based on equality and brotherhood. The slogan “To each according to their needs, from each according to their possibilities,” the peaceful labor, the light and unreasonable ideas of communism and socialism, realized in separate points of Israel, that’s what the kibbutz is. Of course, no one will impose on you these ideas, just people live there as they like, and work for themselves and others in harmony with nature and the world around them.
The requirements for candidates
- the age – 18-35 years (sex is not important);
- the knowledge of the English language;
- the good physical and mental health;
- the pregnant women and children are not accepted.
The terms of the project
The entry of the project is not tied to a specific date. You can enter the project for a period of two months to six months.
What should you pay for?.
The commission is $ 40 for the reception and processing of the application. The volunteer pays his travel expenses to the place of work. It will also be necessary to pay for the insurance (about 500 shekels) and the admission fee (550 shekels). All the wasting of money ends. All other expenses are paid by the kibbutz. Also, the kibbutz gives money to volunteers for personal needs and pays excursions to Israel.
The spheres of labor activity
- The agriculture;
- The livestock breeding;
- The production;
- The services sector.
What documents are needed?
- The photocopy of the passport;
- The medicine insurance;
- The round-trip tickets;
- The confirmation of the application for registration from the volunteer program.
How to apply?
The application is filled in after registration on the official website of the volunteer project (https://application.kibbutzvolunteers.org.il/ – by the link, you can start filling it right now). Specify your current data!
After the approval of your application, the volunteer center submits an application for a volunteer visa to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Get a visa and go to Tel Aviv, to the address: Leonardo da Vinci street, 13. This is the headquarters of the volunteer program. Here you will find the distribution of the communes. Then transfer to the chosen kibbutz, and you begin to fulfill your duties. The visa is valid for 3 months with the possibility of extension for the remaining period of staRead More